Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] No battery charge from 24 V alternater

Ben and Gayle Super Maramu #347

Vladimir
I had similar situation.  Look closely at small field wires on alternator.  You may find loose or corroded connections.  I think this is very common with older boats.  My bad connection was barely visible.  On my hands and knees looking under alternator I discovered corroded  connection .
Ben

Ben and Gayle
S/V La Bella Vita
SM #347

On Jul 23, 2017, at 8:15 PM, sonsev52@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

My alternator stopped charging the battery. It looks like alternator is OK. I measured voltage on black and red wires comming from the alternator at 25v at 750 engine RPM. At low RPM the alternator red light is no longer on. Is there a schematics or wiring diagram for 24 v alternator, and regulator?
Please advise troubleshooting steps.

Vladimir
SM #345 "LIFE IS GOOD"