Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] No battery charge from 24 V alternater

VLADIMIR SONSEV

My alternator does not chage at any RPM. I measured voltage at low RPM.

Vladimir Sonsev
Tel/Text: 202 258 1916

On Jul 23, 2017 9:18 PM, "Ben Driver/YAHOO joedoakes66@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Vladimir,
Are you measuring voltage at engine idle?  I found my alternator did not charge unless rpm was at about 1500 or more.  At that point it puts out 27 volts.
Ben

Ben and Gayle
S/V La Bella Vita
SM #347

On Jul 23, 2017, at 8:47 PM, Vladimir Sonsev sonsev52@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Ban,

You are correct. My problem started with broken field wire. I reconnected the wire. Perhaps loose wire made a short on the alternator body.
Alternator is not charging, but I measure 25v on alternator black and red wires.

SM #345 "LIFE IS GOOD"
Vladimir Sonsev
Tel/Text: 202 258 1916

On Jul 23, 2017 8:25 PM, "Ben Driver/YAHOO joedoakes66@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...om> wrote:

Vladimir
I had similar situation.  Look closely at small field wires on alternator.  You may find loose or corroded connections.  I think this is very common with older boats.  My bad connection was barely visible.  On my hands and knees looking under alternator I discovered corroded  connection .
Ben

Ben and Gayle
S/V La Bella Vita
SM #347

On Jul 23, 2017, at 8:15 PM, sonsev52@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...om> wrote:

My alternator stopped charging the battery. It looks like alternator is OK. I measured voltage on black and red wires comming from the alternator at 25v at 750 engine RPM. At low RPM the alternator red light is no longer on. Is there a schematics or wiring diagram for 24 v alternator, and regulator?
Please advise troubleshooting steps.

Vladimir
SM #345 "LIFE IS GOOD"