Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Removing nav center stool
To: "amelyachtowners@..." <amelyachtowners@...>
Date: Monday, July 24, 2017, 2:50 PM

John,
Have you removed
the seat? I am not sure, but, I seem remember
a nut on a piece of threaded stainless steel...maybe that
was another boat.
Best,
CW Bill
RouseAdmiral, Texas
NavyCommander
EmeritusAmel
School www.amelschool.com720 Winnie
StGalveston
Island, TX 77550+1(832)
380-4970

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at
1:57 PM, greatketch@...
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
wrote:

John,
am pretty sure that post is glassed in.  It certainly does
not lift out, and I have not seen any other mode of
attachment.  That makes it really, really secure--and very
difficult to remove.
Why
do you want to remove it?
Bill
KinneySM160,
HarmonieGloucester,
Mass

---In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.
com, <john.biohead@...> wrote :

Hi
All,  Can anyone enlighten me on how to
lift the metal out of the floor that holds the stool at the
navigation center?  It is mounted in a tube
fiberglassed to the hull under the floor, and won't turn
or budge when
lifted.  I cannot find
any set screws or other locking device.
Regards,