Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Hydraulic Linear Drive.

Ken Powers <sailingaquarius@...>

Hello Jean-Pierre,

Hope you are well, and looking forward to meet up again sometime soon.  Aquarius is currently on the hard in Trinidad, and we will be going to Panama November.  Probably going to sail the San Blasé Islands for a few months then Jan or Feb 2018 go through the canal.  Hope to see you again soon!!!!

All the best,

Ken and Zivile

On Saturday, July 22, 2017 8:49 AM, "pitugolf@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

Hello Jean-Pierre (Eleuthera)

could you kindly explain me more you coment:

" However, the installation of a hydraulic drive in an early SM enforces a regime of “remove the rudder bellcrank” to verify and tighten the rudder shaft nylon nut because one cannot get the tool under the modified bellcrank to tighten it while at sea.  (Lose all steering if done… think of putting the boat in “irons” before removing the bellcrank.  Hence the “regime" described earlier…."

Thank you in advance,

Maria