From: Danny and Yvonne SIMMS simms@... [amelyachtowners]
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Tue, Jul 25, 2017 7:37 pm
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Engines not starting

Hi Eric, I think this should be addressed to Pat though. I believe it is both the gen set and main engine not starting so that is likely to rule out starter motor connections, solenoids etc. Unless by some fluke they all are out on both engines. Possible but unlikely. It goes back to being some connection common to both circuits. That rules out a lot.
Regards
Danny
SM 299
Ocean Pearl
On 26 July 2017 at 09:44 "kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Danny,
I would have someone turn the key and feel if the Valeo solenoid closes.
If it does I would check the engine start solenoid probably near  the Valeo solenoid.
You could also have a bad connection in the Yanmar  wiring .
You could also have a bad starter switch.
All of this can be checked with a voltmeter.
Good luck with this, I had the same problem and wound up rewiring the entire engine.
My boat is a more current than yours so I am only speaking of my boat with a Yanmar .
Fair Winds
Eric
SM 376