From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2017 11:47 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] shaft seal for Calpeda AC pump -FOUND

Eric,

Yes, these 12mm seals are very common...I bought some in Penang, Malaysia for about $5.00US. You need to ensure, with a magnet test, that the spring in stainless steel...you know about "Chinese Stainless Steel."

Be sure to completely clean the cavity that one side of the seal "seats" into...probably not a bad idea to use RTV to "seat" the seal into the cavity.

As you are aware, I mistakenly said this was a 10mm mechanical seal...not so. It is a 12mm seal and can be found in many Amel models on the low pressure 150-160l Dessalator pump, the AFMA freshwater pump, and the Calpeda A/C saltwater pump...all are impeller-driven pumps.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse

Admiral, Texas Navy

Commander Emeritus