Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Repair

Stephen Davis

Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear you have some damage to Kerpa. I'm certainly no expert, but if you have some de-lamination on a bulkhead, I would consider finding a good surveyor who knows Amels that can do a very through inspection. I'm not sure what yard would be the best in that area, but I know Kent usually recommends Deltaville, as they have some experience with the Amel.

Best of luck getting it sorted out quickly, and continuing with your summer sailing.

Steve Davis
Aloha SM72
Aruba

On Jul 28, 2017, at 18:13, osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Patrick and others
We had some hard encounter with a submerged breakwater. We hit with the keel just where the reflector of the transducer are for the logg. There are some de-lamination around the bulkhead just in front of the water tank. the yard we are at now said it more or less cosmetic. however we need to repair.
Probably in the Chesapeake area. So my question is.Is Skip Jack in Sassafras a good place for this or should we head for other place. currently in Port Washington and heading for Main so any good Marina on the stretch Main to Chesapeake bay would be suitable.
All suggestions highly appreciated
Paul a not so proud or happy captain on SY Kerpa SM#259
.