Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] First SM 2000 Hull Number

VLADIMIR SONSEV

My boat is #345 and ir was made in 2001

Vladimir
SM 345 " LIFE IS GOOD"
202 258 1916

On Jul 27, 2017 08:43, "'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Jean,

Thanks for the information. BTW, I got my information on the first SM 2000 from Amel.

I am absolutely positive that your hull 232 was not built in 2008. Did you accidentally make Satchimi 10 years younger? 😀

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Jul 27, 2017 03:25, "'Jean Boucharlat' jean.boucharlat@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Bill (Rouse),

Just for the record : SM hull N° 232, delivered in late July 2008, was in fact the first SM 2000, even though it did not get the label on its rubbing strake. And she was fitted with an Autoprop.

I know that because I was the original owner, she was then named Satchimi and now Lady Anila, and this SM was built surreptitiously in the yard to avoid prying eyes while the “standard” SM’s were still being marketed.

She is the boat where Henri Amel threw a tantrum when he discovered a number of improvements he had been consulted about. So much so that, to put his mark on the new model, he came back the following day and ordered that all further model would have the, in my opinion infamous, blue floor boards! Just a piece of Amel trivia.

All the best to all,

Jean Boucharlat

Formerly SM 232