From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: samedi 29 juillet 2017 01:53
To: 'Jean Boucharlat' jean.boucharlat@... [amelyachtowners]
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Amel propeller

Sounds like our Henri. Fantastic guy
Danny
SM 299
Ocean Pearl

Sent from my Vodafone Smart

On 27 Jul 2017 8:25 p.m., "'Jean Boucharlat' jean.boucharlat@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill (Rouse),

Just for the record : SM hull N° 232, delivered in late July 2008, was in fact the first SM 2000, even though it did not get the label on its rubbing strake. And she was fitted with an Autoprop.

I know that because I was the original owner, she was then named Satchimi and now Lady Anila, and this SM was built surreptitiously in the yard to avoid prying eyes while the “standard” SM’s were still being marketed.

She is the boat where Henri Amel threw a tantrum when he discovered a number of improvements he had been consulted about. So much so that, to put his mark on the new model, he came back the following day and ordered that all further model would have the, in my opinion infamous, blue floor boards! Just a piece of Amel trivia.

All the best to all,

Jean Boucharlat

Formerly SM 232