Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Stainless steel springs & magnetism

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Craig, yes, but not exactly. I believe that you will find nothing on your Amel made of stainless steel that is totally and absolutely non-magnetic. But, OTH, every stainless steel refrigerator I have seen will hold magnetic cards in place. WTF???

But in my experience, I can tell the degree of magnetic response and the difference between FAKE stainless steel and good stainless steel. I will admit in my early days that I carried a magnet in my pocket and tested a lot of things. Try it. I believe that you will be also able to tell.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus