Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] SM Survey

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Uwe,

I am happy that you have chosen to buy an Amel. One word of advice in your search is: the previous owner's care of your Amel is more important than anything in your search.

Also, if you don't already know it, you will learn that some of us, like me, are Amel purists. I will likely be the first to tell you what you do not want to hear, but also, what you need to know.

You can buy an older Super Maramu or a 54 and it will come with wood flooring that almost all other boats have. Or, you can find marine floor vendors that are in the business of replacing this "wood flooring" to make wood flooring for you. Their businesses were created because the wood flooring gets scratched, cracked, and broken.

Or, you can do what you should do about your island berth request and all other things that you "think" you should change so that you can make your Amel look like other boats. That solution is: wait for at least a year. After one year, you will likely change your mind about most things that you think you might want to change.

I liked the appearance of the blue floor, but, I loved the blue floor for more than how it looks. AND, the aft berth against the Port side has more than one advantage that you do not yet understand. If you plan to buy an Amel to safely and comfortably cruise the seas of the world, an Amel is the boat for you. If you want the best looking boat to stand out in a marina, maybe something else would be a better choice.

Henri Amel never let his vision of what his ultimate cruising boat become influenced by what other builders did.

Good luck with your search.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Jul 31, 2017 7:16 AM, "'Volkmann, Uwe' volkmann@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi SM 2000 owners,

did anybody try to get rid of this wonderful blue floor? What is the best way to change it into a wooden surface?

Has somebody experience with  installinng  an island berth in the aft cabin?

Thank you for helping, I am searching for a SM 2000 in nothern Europe…

Uwe Volkmann

Amel Maramu

Kerbian

From: "SN 108 Vagabundo stilemare@... [amelyachtowners]"