Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Outhal motor does not work

eric freedman

Hi Paul,

Is your outhaul line very tight?

Do you feel the motor running and the outhaul not turning?

I would disconnect the outhaul line from the Anderson outhaul winch and see if it turns.

That would be my first step.

It could mean your motor needs brushes, the motor is bad, or the bronze gear in the outhaul

gearbox is damaged.

Those are my first guesses.

Fair Winds

Eric