Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Outhal motor does not work

Paul Osterberg

Thank you Eric,
The gear box was overhauled a year ago.
Yes the line is very tight, but need to be tight not to slip when closed hauled in high wind forces, actually we bought a special Vectran rope from Germany supposed to be high friction low stretch and low creep.after that seldom problem with slip.
The motor turn alright when rope is off.
Carbon looks OK but actually I have no real idea how a carbon brush should look like
The voltage drop bothers me the cause of that is probably the cause to the problem. Cables going into the motor is well sealed and no moister in the white cover so guess that It should not be the problem
Paul on SY Kerpa SM#259