Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Outhal motor does not work

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Paul,

I am not sure where you are measuring voltage, but it is really amps that you should be measuring. The solenoid switches for the outhaul are probably not the problem.

Your problem will either be mechanical or electrical. If I were you, I would follow the instructions in your manual to move the outhaul manually. If the outhaul freely moves, you still may have a jammed gearbox. You will need to separate the gearbox from the motor. Once separate, you can determine if the problem is the gearbox, the electrical connection to the motor, or the motor.

I will send you a private email.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy