Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Outhal motor does not work

Ken Powers <sailingaquarius@...>

Hi,

Measure the voltage at the motor when the motor should be running.  I think you did this and the measurement was 24 V.
Could be the wire, a loose or bad connection, the solenoid, or the motor.
Look at the wire, does the copper wire what looks like black paste on it?  If so could be the wire, or a connection because of the wire turning into paste.
Get a tool to measure current.

This will allow you to look at the current as you turn on the motor.  The motor should take about 24 amps +-,  if you see over 15 amps and the motor is not working at all, the motor is probably bad.  If you see a few amps, then you might look at the Solenoid or the wiring.

Having the tool to measure current is, I believe, a big plus on an AMEL.  Nice to know when and where the current is going.

Ken Powers
sailingaquarius.com

On Monday, July 31, 2017 2:47 PM, "'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

Hi Paul,
Did you try loosening the outhaul line a little bit?
Fair Winds
Eric
Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376