Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Island Pearl II - 2001 - SM2000 #332 For sale

John Clark

I am so sorry for you and your wife.  But as Bill says you are a very good Amelian and you should have zero trouble finding someone to adopt OP.

I wish you a quick and heartache free transition.

Regards John

John Clark
SV Annie SM 37
Charleston SC

On Aug 1, 2017 9:53 PM, "'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Good luck Colin. I hope that Island Pearl's new owners are exceptionally good owners like you and Lauren.

Whenever someone looking for an Amel asks my opinion of what to look for, I always tell them to look at the owners first. Amel made a great boat in your Super Maramu and you have kept it in almost new condition. The new owners of Island Pearl will be very, very lucky.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 8:20 PM, colin.d.streeter@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

It is with a heavy heart that I write this. Island Pearl II is a fully optioned up SM2000 in excellent condition. We are the 2nd owners and she has been carefully looked after since new, ( since factory delivered by the previous owners who employed an Amel technician for 10 yrs to care for her due to their light use), and then by us since late 2011.

Internally looks like she left the factory yesterday, and externally is in very good for age condition with complete new rigging in 2016. Engine hrs 1900, generator hours 1000hrs as till now, she has never been cruised so none of the usual wear and tear on any of the numerous pumps, winches, anchor winch etc etc as in similar aged Amels.

Our intention was to do a circumnavigation, but since departing Brisbane in May this year, Lauren has battled so much with sea sickness every day for 2 months now that she simply cannot continue cruisin g for health reasons, and I do not particularly wish to continue on around the world alone. We are currently cruising the Spice Islands of Indonesia, all systems (except minor aircon capacitator issue) on board are running flawlessly, and will now head for Bali before deciding where to next. To get an idea of the gear ob board you can see some brief videos of the boat on our trip thus far at www.svislandpearl.com by scrolling down to the bottom of page 1 and looking at our FB site posted there.

The boat is UK registered (EU VAT not paid) and has also been imported Into Australia with duty and GST paid. We are OPEN TO ALL SERIOUS OFFERS so this could be a huge opportunity for someone here to purchase and have me sail her with you to your intended home port pretty much anywhere in the world. I currently have time and love sailing, and the boat is fully ready and lo aded to go anywhere! Our intentions from Bali were to either spend time up in Thailand, or to directly cross the Indian ocean headed for Cape Town and the Caribbean.

We depart Banda sailing towards Alor islands & Bali tomorrow so will not have internet for 3 - 4 days. For any interest email me at svislandpearl@... and we will reply with info once we are back in internet range in a few days.

Regretfully

Colin & Lauren Streeter

www.svislandpearl.com