Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Island Pearl II - 2001 - SM2000 #332 For sale
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 8:20 PM

It is with a heavy heart that I write
this. Island Pearl II is a fully optioned up SM2000 in
excellent condition. We are the 2nd owners and she has been
carefully looked after since new, ( since factory delivered
by the previous owners who employed an Amel technician for
10 yrs to care for her due to their light use), and then by
us since late 2011.
Internally looks like she
left the factory yesterday, and externally is in very good
for age condition with complete new rigging in 2016. Engine
hrs 1900, generator hours 1000hrs as till now, she has never
been cruised so none of the usual wear and tear on any of
the numerous pumps, winches, anchor winch etc etc as in
similar aged Amels.
Our intention was to do a
circumnavigation, but since departing Brisbane in May this
year, Lauren has battled so much with sea sickness every day
for 2 months now that she simply cannot continue cruising
for health reasons, and I do not particularly wish to
continue on around the world alone. We are currently
cruising the Spice Islands of Indonesia, all systems (except
minor aircon capacitator issue) on board are running
flawlessly, and will now head for Bali before deciding where
to next. To get an idea of the gear ob board you can see
some brief videos of the boat on our trip thus far at www.svislandpearl.com by
scrolling down to the bottom of page 1 and looking at our FB
site posted there.
The boat is UK registered
(EU VAT not paid) and has also been imported Into Australia
with duty and GST paid. We are OPEN TO ALL SERIOUS OFFERS so
this could be a huge opportunity for someone here to
purchase and have me sail her with you to your intended home
port pretty much anywhere in the world. I currently have
time and love sailing, and the boat is fully ready and
loaded to go anywhere! Our intentions from Bali were to
either spend time up in Thailand, or to directly cross the
Indian ocean headed for Cape Town and the
Caribbean.
We depart Banda sailing
towards Alor islands & Bali tomorrow so will not have
internet for 3 - 4 days. For any interest email me at
svislandpearl@gmail.com and we will reply with info once we
are back in internet range in a few
days.
Regretfully