Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Insurance - More comments & Group Insurance Question

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Good morning Duane,

Back in February you posted the boat hitting your. So out of curiosity, how did your claim end up?

Asking because, 3 years after a neighbors lost control then panic and destroyed my bow pulpit, Mr Thomas Mullady of Pantaenius is still being difficult.
Even thought he agreed to pay a insulting small amount of the damages back in December, he is still not paying…

So I am curious to know if he treats his clients the same way he is treating other insurances.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Port de Plaisance de Gustavia, Saint Barthélémy, FWI

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Insurance - More comments & Group Insurance Question
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, February 23, 2017, 5:21 PM

I'll tell you all, Pantaenius does not get my
recommendation.
We were
struck by another boat, while both were at anchor during a
windstorm.  I had asked the other boat to move days before
and they refused saying they would "keep and eye on
it".  The anchorage got very crowded and there was
nowhere to go when we were expecting heavy winds.  The
night of the heavy winds (35 to 40 knots) they approached my
port very close by and I set out fenders in anticipation of
a collision.  The next thing we knew they were on our
starboard bearing down on us and dragging anchor.  We had a
collision on our starboard, the fenders were on
port...
It took 3
weeks for Pantaenius to send a surveyor, and now at 6 weeks
I'm in a boatyard with the "investigation"
phase over (to see if there was structural damage to the
hull laminate).  Now, I can't get the claims agent to
call me back to schedule the surveyor that the may or may
not want to review the hull laminate.  On top of that they
won't even state whether this is a covered event!!!  I
pasted their letter below.  Would this give you any
confidence that they are going to pay the
claim?===============================================Duane:
 We acknowledge receipt of your two emails dated
February 13th and February 20th,
2017.  We
review your comments set forth in your email along with the
estimate you provided from Rybovich to determine if the
charges are fair, reasonable, loss-related, and covered in
accordance with the terms and conditions of your Pantaenius
America Yacht Policy.  We have cc’d our assigned surveyor
on this matter who will advise as to whether or not a
follow-up inspection of the reported damages is
required.
 I am presently out of the office traveling for
work until Friday, February 24th, 2017, but will
be occasionally checking my emails from a remote
location.
 Our claim file
remains open, active, and under investigation. The foregoing
request and steps taken during our investigation are not
intended to be and shall not be construed as an indication
or guarantee of coverage.  The foregoing is not an
admission of liability and is strictly without prejudice,
and all rights , exclusions, and defenses available under
the policy and the law are hereby reserved.
 Thomas Mullady |
Claims
Pantaenius America
500 Mamaroneck Avenue|Harrison, NY 10528|United
States of America
Dear
Tom,
Attached is the
estimate for the repairs.  Note that the attached firm
price Additional Work Authorization (AWA) is in addition to
the previous estimate.
The repair
company noted there was some structural laminate
delamination, but it was limited to a few square inches.
 They are more than willing to talk to the Surveyor or you
if that would be desireable.
This  does not
include the yard charges, electric, and holding tank and
holding tank connections costs.  We decided to stay on the boat, so
that will help keep the insurance claim down.

Please let me
know whether:
1.) The charges
are reasonable per the insurance policy, and;2.) If the
surveyor needs to review the damage with the gel coat
removed prior to repairs proceeding.  We would like this to
happen as immediate as possible to reduce the time in the
yard.
Thank
you,Duane
==============================I thought Pantaenius
was one of the best in the industry, but their not earning
that reputation for me.
DuaneWanderer
SM#477