Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Island Pearl II - 2001 - SM2000 #332 For sale

Jean Boucharlat

We, French people, have this saying that the only cure against mal de mer is to find a meadow where you can lie under an apple tree….! Try it.

Otherwise, there is this one week program at the French Navy Hospital in Brest where they nauseate you to near death, and cure you. It is tough and efficient but requires significant motivation on the part of the patient.

Pick your choice!

All the best,

Jean Boucharlat

Formerly SM 232

Sent: jeudi 3 août 2017 14:42
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Island Pearl II - 2001 - SM2000 #332 For sale

The only thing the FDA says will stop mal de mer is the electronic Relief Band.  It's used for post op nausea, and nausea of pregnancy (hyperemesis gravidarum).  They zap your wrist every second.  Sounds like hocus pocus, but I bought two several years ago for friends and family.  I've put them on 9 people so far. 6 got complete relief almost immediately, one got partial relief, and two got no relief.

I recommend scopolamine, Relief Band, and Meclizine, staying above deck, and staying hydrated.  So far I haven't had anyone on that regimen who stayed sick for days.

Kent (internal medicine/anesthesiology)

Kristy

SM243

Kent Robertson

S/V Kristy

Panama cell: +507-61171896

USA cell: 828-234-6819

On Aug 3, 2017, at 12:12 AM, Bob Grey renaissanceiii@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I also vouch for scopaline patches, I carry them onboard as a last chance drug if nothing else works. Unfortunately not available in Australia so I get them from the US. The patch works for three days and usually no more than two patches are needed before the body adjusts.

Bob Grey

Amel 55

Renaissance iii

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 22:12, Massimo Vecchietti massimovecchietti@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I am sad for your problem...... my daughter have the same problem .

I have solved the situation with the use of a transdermic product with scopolamine ( in Europe : SCOPODERM)....without  collateral effects !

If you have neve used...try !!😎

Ciao

MASSIMO

SM   n°84  Patchouli II 

Il 02 Ago 2017 4:20 AM, "colin.d.streeter@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> ha scritto:

It is with a heavy heart that I write this. Island Pearl II is a fully optioned up SM2000 in excellent condition. We are the 2nd owners and she has been carefully looked after since new, ( since factory delivered by the previous owners who employed an Amel technician for 10 yrs to care for her due to their light use), and then by us since late 2011.

Internally looks like she left the factory yesterday, and externally is in very good for age condition with complete new rigging in 2016. Engine hrs 1900, generator hours 1000hrs as till now, she has never been cruised so none of the usual wear and tear on any of the numerous pumps, winches, anchor winch etc etc as in similar aged Amels.

Our intention was to do a circumnavigation, but since departing Brisbane in May this year, Lauren has battled so much with sea sickness every day for 2 months now that she simply cannot continue cruising for health reasons, and I do not particularly wish to continue on around the world alone. We are currently cruising the Spice Islands of Indonesia, all systems (except minor aircon capacitator issue) on board are running flawlessly, and will now head for Bali before deciding where to next. To get an idea of the gear ob board you can see some brief videos of the boat on our trip thus far at www.svislandpearl.com by scrolling down to the bottom of page 1 and looking at our FB site posted there.

The boat is UK registered (EU VAT not paid) and has also been imported Into Australia with duty and GST paid. We are OPEN TO ALL SERIOUS OFFERS so this could be a huge opportunity for someone here to purchase and have me sail her with you to your intended home port pretty much anywhere in the world. I currently have time and love sailing, and the boat is fully ready and loaded to go anywhere! Our intentions from Bali were to either spend time up in Thailand, or to directly cross the Indian ocean headed for Cape Town and the Caribbean.

We depart Banda sailing towards Alor islands & Bali tomorrow so will not have internet for 3 - 4 days. For any interest email me at svislandpearl@... and we will reply with info once we are back in internet range in a few days.

Regretfully

Colin & Lauren Streeter

www.svislandpearl.com

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.