Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Water membranes replacement

robin hutter

try inaqua.de - they worked for me

fair winds

Robin
Amel SM #56
GrosDoux

presently in Badalona

Gesendet von Yahoo Mail für iPad

Am Sonntag, August 6, 2017, 12:26 schrieb SV Garulfo svgarulfo@... [amelyachtowners] :

Dear All,

It seems we may need to replace our watermaker membranes (Dessalator DUO100, filmtec SW30-2521).
Wondering if anyone has had to source membranes in Europe recently, and if you can recommend a supplier with 'reasonable' prices. Air, Water, ice mentioned below no longer seems to offer EU shipping on their website. I am also looking into few US based websites who would ship to France.

On a separate note, do membranes come with all required O-rings or do these need to be sourced separately?

Thanks in advance for your responses,

Have a nice Sunday all.

Soraya & Thomas
--
GARULFO
Amel 54 #122

On 8 November 2016 at 17:12, Ian Shepherd sv_freespirit@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Paul,

I have always got my membranes from Air, Water & Ice (https://airwaterice.com/), even though I am in the Med. Their Filmtec membranes are $234 each (SW30-2540 is the model I recall). If you buy here, make sure you specify packaging for International post so that they beef up the protection. This source is cheaper than anything I can get locally.

Here is their list: https://airwaterice.com/ membranes.html

By the way, my last membranes from them have now completed 8 years use and the water is still great. No pickling. Just the occasional back flush if I am not going to use the system for more than three weeks.

Good luck

Ian SM2K 414 Crusader Larnaca Cyprus

On 08/11/2016 10:14, pflafrance@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

I have tried looking on this site for a conversation about replacing the membranes and can not find same.
If any one could tell us of were to obtain the replacement membranes in the US with a telephone number would be greatly appreciated. Our system is a 160 - 180 litre per hour system.
We are in the process of arranging a shipment from Miami to St Martin.
Paul & Sue LaFrance
SV NOMAD 1 SM # 362