RE : RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Charging batteries

Serge Tremblay <laetitiaii@...>

When my 50 amp charger/inverter quit last year, while looking for replacing same, i purchased a stand alone solid state 30 amp charger with 3 outputs.

I used two outputs, one for service batteries bank, one for starting batteries. The charger is permanently installed in the engine space and connected to the batteries, i plug it only in the AC source (120v 60hz ac or 220v 50hz ac) when i need to charge batteries or need DC power and other systems do not work.

Costs of about 350$. Cannot give you the make of the charger as i am away from the boat.

Serge, Mango 51