Re: Amel SM2000 engine 75hp versus 100hp

n4796p <n4796p@...>

Exactly. I think that 75 HP is a little less for a boat with 16to.
Especially if you need sometimes to go against wind and current. Newer
boats with weight have engines whith more power. Since 2003 the SM2000
was delivered with 100hp. If you look at similar Hallberg Rassey, they
are equiped with some hp more.

Therefor my question about. Do you think you need it realy or is it
just a modern tendency. For myself I own a SIGMA 41 (~8to) in the
moment and the engine is a 48hp BUKH. I never had the feeling that it
is too much.

Armin

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, eric <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Are you speaking of the 75 horsepower Yanmar?

If so, why do you want to change the engine?

Fair Winds,

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

_____