Coppercoat - removal of old antifouling

Horst Pause <horst.puddleduck@...>

Prior to applying Coppercoat, we need to remove all the old antifouling.

Most of us will get a rather high quote for that - but - a friend mentioned that it can be done with a good paint remover so I experimented - it works. Brush on liberally, wait for a few minutes and scrape off with a normal scraper. Dispose in a bucket lined with paper as the paint remover may dissolve the bucket.

I'll do mine in March and will put photos on the web.

Horst

Puddleduck

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/