Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Down wind sail configuration

Craig Briggs

Hi Ian,
We've used the ballooner as a light air jib, but you do have to drop the genoa, making it not very user friendly. In our case we were doing a fun day race in light air on Long Island sound. The J-24's still scooted past us!
Cheers, Craig, Sangaris SN68

---In amelyachtowners@..., <parkianj@...> wrote :

Agree with everything said above. Impressed with all the sail options.
Just wondered if anyone had used the ballooner on its own as a cruising chute or along with the mizzen staysail on a beam reach ? I’m thinking of when wind drops towards the end of the day with just a few miles to go - would be nice without the engine or rigging the whole down wind kit……

Ian
Ocean Hobo SN96