Re: {Disarmed} RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Battery Charging while hauled out

Anne and John Hollamby <annejohn@...>

I also agree that batteries should be fully charged and then isolated whilst the boat is not in use. I remember all too well seeing an unmanned Halberg Rassy on fire and being towed out of the marina to burn itself out and sink before it affected the other boats.This was in Spain and the owner was at home in Denmark. The cause was almost certainly a fault in the battery charger and or a battery drying out and catching fire to the locker. My original batteries are now seven years young. I assume that everyone knows that different makes of battery have different optimum charge rates and that the Chargers fitted by Amel since 2003 are capable of being adjusted to particular battery makes/types.

Best wishes, John Hollamby SM 319