Outhaul

Horst Pause <horst.puddleduck@...>

The problem with getting the vertical shaft out of the gear box is the key which prevents it from turning in the gear box. I was lucky to find a workshop with a 20 ton hydraulic press - after a few attempts, they got the shaft out.

I now have a long rod in my spares locker with which I can push the key out from above. Once that is removed, the shaft comes out quite easily; it actually turns if you remount it all without that key and there's no effective force on the outhaul.

Easy once you have that key out - hammering on the bolt as described before did not work for me.

Horst - Puddleduck

Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with Yahoo! For Good http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/