From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 3:27 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Onan starting problem

Hi Mark and other Amel lovers,

Yes, the problem appears to be the solenoid. Before this problem the Onan had a different problem that was caused by me. I put some rags to clean the dipstick onder the Kubota and the result was lots of black smoke. I realized after consulting the installation manual that this problem was caused by lack of air. Now the generator is running with a piece of rope plus shock cord to hold the solenoid valve into the 'on' position. So the electric shut off is not working anymore and I have to do this by hand. The problem is that also the fault mechanism is not working and that is a risk, I have to take until the new solenoid arrives.

Best regards,

Willem

SM #351 "Kavanga" at anchor in Falmouth waiting for a favourable wind to cross the Biscay.