From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 9:49 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Fresh water in locker

Hi Alan,

   I installed a new AC unit in the salon, and before I had the condensate line routed properly the condensate tray overflowed.  The water ran into that bilge locker area.  If that area is wet it is likely also wet under the sink.  On my boat the area under the sink is the lowest point.

I installed a water detector in the low point which alerted me to the issue, which was cleaned up with a few paper towels.  I have the same detectors in all the pockets where there could be a leak, FW or SW.  They are very inexpensive, but worth a million dollars when they catch a problem while it is at the "paper towel" stage.  Here is a link to the product I purchased on Ebay in the US.  I am sure there are similar devices elsewhere.

 I have an early hull number which has a different set up than yours, my FW pump is under the floor in the galley, but of course there is always a lot of fresh water plumbing in the galley that could be contributing, you may have to simply trace the hoses.  The owners of one newer SM2k I toured last year had fresh water appearing in various pockets in the aft part of the salon which turned out to be from condensation on the lower surface of the aft bench freezer, may want to check the undersides of the freezers and the frig.

                  Regards,  John

John Clark

SV Annie,  SM 37

currently cruising Pamlico Sound, NC

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 8:34 PM, divanz620@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello All,

I discovered fresh water in the under floor locker in front of the stove in the galley.

I can't see where it could have come from.

Any had this happen and know what the solution is ?

Cheers

Alan

Elyse SM437