Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Fresh water in locker

Alan Leslie

Thanks John for your comprehensive reply !!

We occasionally get condensation from the salon freezer in the aft central floor locker.

I've found the problem, it's the hose from the fresh water pump at the connection where it comes through the engine room bulkhead.

Problem was the leak was so small it was difficult to see where it was coming from, but by placing a small sponge in different places I was able to eliminate the freezer. and eventually trace it to that connector. The water was coming from the hose and running along the connector, down the bulkhead and then to the bottom of the locker. It would take about 5 minutes to see it in the bilge under the galley sink.

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437