Re: DC Panel dial and green light in star

rettirc@...

Thanks Danny,
When I checked the excitation to the 12v alternator I only had 7volts, perhaps not enough to start the alternator?  I need to reconnect the cable back to the alternator and test it again.  Must be a bad contact somewhere.

I am totally stumped about what to do with the rope in the mast, only about 5 metres came out of the mast at the bottom after it broke, the rest of the rope is jammed inside the mast, thoughts?  What can I do?  I am trying to resist the urge to winch it out, I know it shall damage something.   Are the electrical wires in this section too?

Chris