Re: [Amel Yacht Owners re excitation and halyard broken and jammed

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi.
You should have 12bolt in the excitation circuit. Sorry can't help with the halyard issue but I'm sure someone will have been there before
Regards
Danny

Sent from my Vodafone Smart

On 16 Aug 2017 18:21, "rettirc@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks Danny,

When I checked the excitation to the 12v alternator I only had 7volts, perhaps not enough to start the alternator?  I need to reconnect the cable back to the alternator and test it again.  Must be a bad contact somewhere.

I am totally stumped about what to do with the rope in the mast, only about 5 metres came out of the mast at the bottom after it broke, the rest of the rope is jammed inside the mast, thoughts?  What can I do?  I am trying to resist the urge to winch it out, I know it shall damage something.   Are the electrical wires in this section too?

Chris