Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Down wind sail configuration

smiles bernard

Thanks greatketch!
Could anyone point me to info about how to set up this downwind ballooned rig?
Does it fly on a removable forestay? In a dyneema luff rope ? Something else ?
I've never heard of a balooner before btw
This is different to a asymmetrical cruising chute right?
Many thanks for any help and advise
Miles

On 15 Aug 2017, at 21:03, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Dave,

My experience with the poles is that the poles are supported by the lines and very little if any force is on the rigging loop.

The loop is used basically to support the pole while you are rigging the lines.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376