Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Anemometer stop working

greatketch@...

Alexandre,

We have had that problem twice.  In both cases the problem was mechanical, not electrical.  If the wind cups are turning and you are not seeing any reported speed, then your problem is electrical, and different than we have seen...

Once, after we blew out our ballonner we had a few stray threads of nylon wrap themselves around the wind cups.  No mystery what happened there.  Remove threads, and we were back in business

More recently, we have symptoms of the bearing going bad.  Ours hasn't stopped completely yet, but it is showing high start-up friction.  We have the spare unit ready to go, the next time we get weather calm enough to go up the mast.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Gloucester, Mass

---In amelyachtowners@..., <uster@...> wrote :

The Anemometer stop working… Wind speed was showing 0 during the last trip
Has anyone experienced this?
What was the issue and solution?
Thanks in advance

Sincerely, Alexandre