Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] finding LED bulbs for overhead lights [1 Attachment]

John Clark

Hi Ryan,
  I can tell you that I have different fixtures in my 1990 SM.  They are all festoon fittings.

John Clark
SV Annie SM 37
Cruising Pamlico Sound

On Aug 16, 2017 6:44 PM, "Ryan Meador ryan.d.meador@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from Ryan Meador included below]

Maybe I'm just missing something, but the offerings on that site look the same as the others I've found, which is to say none will fit my boat.  All of the "side pin" G4 bulbs have the pins in the plane of the disc, and I need them rotated 90 degrees to the plane of the disc (but not back pin, I still want the pins out the side).  Does my Super Maramu have non-standard light fixtures?  I've attached a photo of one, but it's a little difficult to see the orientation of the pins.

Thanks,
Ryan

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 1:32 PM, Germain Jean-Pierre jgermain@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi Ryan,

Try boatlamps.co.uk… their site has piccies of every LED fixture known.

Good luck.

Jean-Pierre Germain,
SY Eleuthera, SM 007

On 16 Aug 2017, at 19:22, Ryan Meador ryan.d.meador@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...om> wrote:

Hi all,
I'm in the process of converting all the interior lights on my SM to LED.  It was easy to find BA15d LED bulbs for the wall lights, so that's taken care of (though I did break one since the label on the fixture said they're G4, but they're definitely BA15d -- twist, don't pull!).  I'm having a bear of a time finding a bulb that will work in the overhead fixtures though.  They all take G4 bulbs, but the sockets are mounted such that the two pins are vertically aligned.  All the bulbs for this application (example) have pins that are horizontal, so they won't fit.  I have been able to find some LED bulbs that are the same form factor as the original halogens, but they have much lower light output because they're smaller and some of the LEDs are pointing at the ceiling, so I don't want those.  I also haven't had luck finding a 90 degree adapter.  Does anyone have a solution to this problem?  I've seen posts in the archive about people who have changed their lights, but not how they did it.  I thought I should ask before I go creating my own adapters or kludging something together.

Thanks,
Ryan
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, USA