Re: Insurance

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Patrick Wrote:
" I'd still be interested to know what other Amel owners
do about insurance. Thanks,Patrick"

Hi Patrick: I just renewed my insurance on my Amel SM 2000
(manufactured and delivered July 2001) Hull # 335. It is
insured thru Offshore Risk Management (google them up)
with my agent William Coates. The cruising grounds are:
waters of east coast of US, Bahamas, Caribbean excluding
more than 200 miles offshore and excluding Cuba and
Columbia. There is a Named Storm Deductible that is
double the normal deductible. I DO NOT have to be out
of the hurricane box but must be laid up (either ashore
or in the water) during the hurricane season July 1 to Nov
30. We have laid up in Nanny Cay Tortolla and for the last
two seasons we have laid up in Jolly Harbor Antiqua (a
safer and more protected spot in my opinion). The hull
value is $500,000 USD (my last survey was Dec 2006 and
the boat appraised for $550,000 USD), with dinghy insurance
of 5,000, and personal effects of $25,000. The premium is
$6700/yr. of which about $700 is for the personal effects
(which I have been considering dropping). I think the
deductible is 2% of hull value but I can't remember for
sure (it is the usual and customary amount).

Haven't had any claims and hope to never have one. Hope
this helps.

Regards, Gary s/v Liahona