H6 AutoProp Overhaul Instructions/Parts Info Posted in Files Section

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Hi to all:

I just posted the first of some information on overhaul of the
H6 AutoProp in the Files Section. This is a PDF showing the
exploded parts diagram for the AutoProp and the various parts
numbers. The instructions are included.

NOTE: All threads on the autoprop are normal Right Hand
Threads EXCEPT the Tab Screw (item # 4, PN TRI-0221) which
is a LEFT HAND SCREW.

There is a definite learning curve on this process. My first
blade took me 12 hours and lots of frurstration. I will be
posting to the folder a summary of my experience with
tips and suggestions to make it easier for you.

I would suggest replacing the Lip Seal (item 8, PN H6 SL)
every couple of years. To see what happens when you don't
do this, see the photo's section for what my bearings
looked like 2 years and 200 hrs after AutoProp did the
recall blade retention service. Note that I greased my
AutoProp every six months.

SUGGESTIONS: 1. Don't direct high pressure wash stream at
the AutoProp. 2000 psi water will blow past the lip seal
and contaminate the grease/bearings.
2. Grease the prop right after haulout rather than waiting
to do it before re-launch. 3. Inspect the lip seal every
two years and replace as necessary. The overhaul requires
special tools that you can buy or fabricate. I fabricated
mine in Antiqua as I didn't know for sure what I needed
until I had opened it up and found a real mess (see photos).

I don't want to scare anyone about the condition of their
AutoProp but mine was in bad shape despite what I
thought was tight compliance to AutoProps maintenance
program.

Regards, Gary