Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Low pressure pump for the 160 liter Watermaker

Barry Connor

Hi Dean,

I bought the March pump from Tom Martland at  "flagshipmarine.com" in Florida USA.
I found Tom's price cheaper than the March distributors.

The unit was the:
March magnetic pump 510gph  220v - 230v,  50hz/60hz  with barbs and mounting plate. You need to make sure Tom supplies this one and not the normal US 110v unit.

Fitting was no problem, put some rubber gasket under the mounting plate to reduce any vibration.
When I was in Hyeres they did not have the normal Amel replacement pump in stock so I found this March pump in USA. I had it shipped to Marseille in a few days.
My original pump was sticking and we pulled it apart in Hyeres and I thought that we had freed it up but it went back to getting stuck straight away.
I also bought from Tom a 12v March magnetic pump to replace my Sureflow refrigeration pump. I have not done this yet.

Hope this helps.
Best Regards

Barry and Penny
"Lady Penelope II'
Amel 54  # 17
Monastir, Tunisia

On Thursday, August 17, 2017 4:21 PM, "kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

I was wondering if the March pump could also be substituted for the Calpeda LP pump. The March pump seems t have a very high flow rate.
Fair Winds,
Eric
SM 376 Kimberlite