Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Thomson Washer major water flooding !!!

karkauai

Hi Bill,
Yes, the tub empties.
There is no sound to indicate the motor is running or trying to start,  but I haven't opened it up to look inside yet.

 Finding someone to work on it is problematic, and I think it's above my pay grade without someone to guide me every step of the way...unless it's something simple like a capacitor or relay.  I don't have any schematics or repair manual.

Anybody know someone on the Chesapeake who might be able to help me with it?

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
Panama cell: +507-61171896
USA cell: 828-234-6819

On Aug 17, 2017, at 7:53 PM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Kent,

My thoughts are:
Is the tub empty?
Belt?
Motor?
Control panel?
Fill level switch?
Replace it because it is 20 years old?

But, I cannot recommend which of the above to start with.

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Aug 17, 2017 19:26, "Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Anyone have any thoughts on a Thompson Australe washer and dryer that doesn't spin anymore?

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
SM 243