Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Base for Jabsco Quiet Flush head Broken

karkauai

I'll look into both of those solutions, Bill.  Thank you!

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
Panama cell: +507-61171896
USA cell: 828-234-6819

On Aug 17, 2017, at 8:47 PM, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I have not had to solve that particular problem, but it sounds like a rivnut might be an answer instead of a molly-bolt

Another creative solution, might be to get a sheet of 3/8" thick G10.  Epoxy it down on top of the existing fiberglass base.  If you go slow and are very careful with a sharp new tap you can drill and tap it.  It is strong enough to hold threads, and is non-corroding.  I have used it a lot as backing plates.  It usually comes in a light green color that is not horrible to the eye.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Gloucester, Mass