Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: finding LED bulbs for overhead lights

Ken Powers <sailingaquarius@...>

Hello Ryan,

I also had a problem with the overhead lights with the two parallel inserts to make connection.  I did find some that "worked" but the only worked for about 10 minutes and blew out.  Also, they were not very bright.  So, here is what I did:

My SM is 24V...  So I bought 4 each of 12V LED lights and soldered 2 sets of 2 in series.  Then Kluged the connection into the socket and WA-LA....  Let there be light!!  My wife was VERY happy.

Ken
SM2000 #262
sailingaquarius.com

On Thursday, August 17, 2017 2:28 PM, "'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

Here is a link to LED bulbs that are G4 bases 24v that we are using on Cream Puff:

and

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper
Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275
Currently cruising - Grenada
www.creampuff.us