Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Martinique

Eric Freedman

Hi John,

What do you mean by “associated work needs more attention”?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Sent: Friday, August 18, 2017 3:06 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Martinique

Hi Eric,

I had my rigging down also in March 2017,  Caraibe did a good job, I think the rig looks good.  Only complaint was the genoa furling motor wired backwards.  Not a big deal and easy fix.  Materials and metal work very good, associated work needs more attention.  

John

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 2:11 PM, Germain Jean-Pierre jgermain@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello Ken,

I caught them putting the genoa on the starboard track… they had to make it right.  But I took time to explain why the genoa had to go on port track.  It should not happen again for an Amel.

Jean-Pierre Germain,

SY Eleuthera, SM007

On 18 Aug 2017, at 19:27, Ken Powers sailingaquarius@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello Eric,

Gaetan Rivet Caraibe did my standing rigging 5 months ago.  Looks good, and was a bit more than 10K euros for the entire job.  The only thing I could complain about is that they put the genoa on the ballooner track.  I didn't find this out until I wanted to fly the ballooner..  :( 

Was very pleased with their service.

Ken

SM2K #262

On Monday, August 14, 2017 9:01 PM, "'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

John,

Thanks

Eric

Sent: Monday, August 14, 2017 2:45 PM
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Martinique

Hi Eric,

I just had Caraibe rerig SM 37.  They were fast and efficient.  You might save some $$ on VAT by talking to Douglas Rapier at Douglas Yacht Services.  I obtained a VAT exemption certificate from him that covered all the work and purchases for my refit in Marin.

Regards,  John

John Clark

SV Annie SM 37

Cruising Pamlico Sound

On Aug 14, 2017 2:39 PM, "'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks Ben,

Fair Winds

Eric

Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2017 10:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Martinique

Hi Eric,

This is rigger Amel recommends.  

Gaetan Rivet

Caraibe Greement

Email:  gaetan@...

Cell #:  596696415642

Le Marin MARTINIQUE 97290

------------

Amel Le Marin contact info:

Caraibes - Amel FR Amel

Jean Collin

Office:  +596 (0) 596 58 50 37

Ben Driver

S/V La Bella Vita

SM #347

On Aug 13, 2017, at 10:30 PM, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi,

I know it has been posted before but does someone have the Amel contact and the riggers contact info in Martinique?

Fair Winds

Eric

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.