Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] DC Grounding fault

Mark Pitt

Hi Alan,

  I had the same circumstances a few months ago and went through the steps that Ofer recommends.  No luck.  Then I discovered that when I disconnected the HDMI cable connecting my DC powered PC to my AC power monitor, the ground fault indication went away.  Even connecting devices with a USB cable, such as a printer or GPS, may cause a ground fault if one device is DC powered and the other is AC powered.

Best,

Mark Pitt
Sabbatical III, SM 419, currently in Mallorca, Spain

On Aug 13, 2017, at 11:56 PM, divanz620@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I wrote about this last year and never found a solution but the problem went away by itself.

NOW it's back again : MASSE - light comes on when the switch in the companionway is operated.

Meaning there is a connection between 24VDC -ve and the ground system - somewhere.

I've disconnected the macerator pumps, the watermaker DC pump, the anchor wash pump, the refrigerator, no difference.

What else is there that would have both 24VDC-ve and a ground connected to it that could cause this fault ?

Cheers

Alan

Elyse SM437