Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Watermaker Warning

John Clark

Thanks Eric,  I will be reassembling mine in a few months.  Definitely something to look at.
       Thx John
John Clark
SV Annie SM 37
Cruising Pamlico Sound

On Aug 19, 2017 7:32 PM, "kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I was working on the watermaker and removed a few hoses. The
hose barbs snapped off on 2 connections. For some reason Amel used brass hose barbs instead of bronze ones. I inspected the others and they are all paper thin. Being that much of the watermaker is connected directly to the salt water manifold I could have had a flood on board if the barb just wore through. I have replaced them all with bronze.

Fair winds,
Eric
SM376 Kimberlite