Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Best trade wind rig for an Amel 55

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hey Gang,

We too came across with pole out genoa and ballooner.  No main nor mizzen.

Worked well. Made it from Lanzarote direct to Guadeloupe in 18 days.  Works well!!!

Jean-Pierre Germain,
SY Eleuthera, SM 007.

On 22 Aug 2017, at 23:14, osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Gavin

Agree 100% about going with Jimmy Cornell, Last year we sailed a rally called the Barbados 50 but now the Canary Rally I think, we were ca 30 boats sailing all Canary Islands and the Cape Verde together. It was very nice indeed and we got many cruising friends that we now and then sail together with. Very good value for money, we all agree to that and almost all participants after the finish said that this was one the best thing so fare ever.
When we crossed we sailed more than 70% of the time with pooled out Genua and Balooner. We were first monohull and beat many multihull, only performance multihull faster than us.
Paul on SY Kerpa SM259 now in Newport