Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Best trade wind rig for an Amel 55

gavin <gavingilmorelodge@...>

Thanks Eric, please see comments in your text. Gavin

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: 22 August 2017 22:28
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Best trade wind rig for an Amel 55

Hi,

We bought a 1400-1500 sq.  foot gennaker.

Once we had great trade winds we flew it non stop for 7 days. I had it made out of heavier material 1.5 oz instead of the normal .75 oz We were able to fly it up to 30 knots true. Wow! How about the main, mizzen and forward staysail? Did you use any of these other sails together with the gennaker?

Much of the time we were surfing near and above 10 knots. I have a photo of the knot meter going down a big wave at over 19 knots. What my old shipmate Don Street calls “A Nantucket sleigh ride”! I think we crossed in either 15 or 16 days from Grand Canaria-Puerto Mogan to Guadeloupe.

Fair Winds,

Eric

SM 376 Kimberlite