Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Best trade wind rig for an Amel 55

gavin <gavingilmorelodge@...>

Thanks Paul, see comments in your text, Gavin

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: 22 August 2017 22:14
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Best trade wind rig for an Amel 55

Gavin

Agree 100% about going with Jimmy Cornell, We’ve long been believers in Jimmy’s approach ever since his World Cruising Survey. Sadly we didn’t know about his rally before our skipper signed up for this year’s ARC+ Last year we sailed a rally called the Barbados 50 but now the Canary Rally I think, we were ca 30 boats sailing all Canary Islands and the Cape Verde together. It was very nice indeed and we got many cruising friends that we now and then sail together with. Very good value for money, we all agree to that and almost all participants after the finish said that this was one the best thing so fare ever.

When we crossed we sailed more than 70% of the time with pooled out Genua and Balooner. Is that aka a cruising chute or is it something else? We were first monohull and beat many multihull, only performance multihull faster than us. Brilliant!

Paul on SY Kerpa SM259 now in Newport

Good stuff, many thanks, Gavin