Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Best trade wind rig for an Amel 55

Paul Osterberg

Gavin
The balooner is a "Genua in spinacker cloth" same size as the Genua, it is hoisted in one of the groves on the Genua furler.
There is a special function who keep the balooner in place so you can take down the halyard, thus furling both together when wind increases or when one encounter a squall. Very efficient indeed. We were "racing" (as Bill said two boats and there is a race) a HR 53 He had his spinnaker up in rather fresh wind, but we was a little bit faster. The HR 53 is a very fast boat in strong wind.
Paul SY Kerpa SM259