Re: Hot water expansion tank, Sulajon

Naegels Patrick <naegels@...>

Hi John,

Last year, I dismantled expansion tank from pump body, and I remarked
corrosion on linking screwed hose. I don't know what kind of metal
used, but it's not convenient. Almost 30% of this material
disappeared.

You can use water circuit without tank expansion mounted on the
pump, because there is another one behind Genset. But replace it when
it's possible

Patrick - Caramel (SM2000 #329)

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "jfolino901"
<jfolino901@...> wrote:

Has anyone found all the tank water gone without a reason? I did
today.
It turns out my 750 liters leaked from a hole in the expansion tank
into tghe bilge which while I sailed along oblivious to the
problem,
only to find the water pump running when I got to port. I checked
the
water tank, found it to be empty?? How? I ran the water maker, made
some water & ran the water pump. Seeing a flow of water I searched
and
found a hole in the expansion. I disconnected the expansion tank,
stuck
a tapered wooden plug into the hose, made more water, turned the
water
pump on & water pressure.
As for the tank, I'll get one.

What is the downside of no expansion tank? Any suggestions short
term?

John Folino