Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Hot water expansion tank, Sulajon

Hi John You dont say what number your SM is. Ours ( no 302) has two expansion tanks, one on the pump itself and a separate one. Our separate one developed a hole ( electrolysis?) after about 4 years. I should have replaced it with a plastic version but the metal replacement is showing no signs of problems at the moment.
My guess is that you can run the pump without the expansion tank though it will cycle on and off more .
Cheers, Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Uruguay

http://mobile.uk.msn.com/pc/mail.aspx