Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] New Owners - SM #105 It's Real

Mohammad Shirloo

Have a great first meal on board. We just got to Italy after 2 years in Greece. The med is a great cultural place to cruise. The wind and wind direction is usually pretty fickle, but the Amel is great boat for having many options to quickly adjust to. Changing conditions.

I'm sure you'll love yours as every other AMEL owner that we have met. I believe Amel owners are considered a cult not because of the type of people Amel attracts. It is because once you have experienced sailing her in sometimes challenging conditions, you'll find out how capable she is and how confident you can be in her bringing you through all conditions, as long as you have the experience to command her properly.

You'll find out over time as you start working on different systems, that Amels are built right from the bottom up. They are not built just to look good in a showroom. You will find excellent workmanship and quality control throughout the boat.

Mohammad and Aty
B&B Kokomo
Amel 54 #099

On Aug 26, 2017, at 3:53 PM, Mark Garver mgarver@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks Mohammad! First we don't intend to modify anything so we don't need to worry about the keeper of All Things Amel (Bill Rouse) haunting me in my dreams :). Our current (shorter term) plans are to sail the Chesapeake as time allows, and then in November move the boat to Charleston, SC for the winter and make some short trips from there. We intend to repeat this, with some sails down to St. Maarten and surrounding areas for the next two to three years, at that point I plan on heading south, spend some time in the Caribbean where I have the most experience and then either the South Pacific, or possibly the Med. It's tough to chose for us as we have both traveled a lot (her mostly by plane), me planes, trains, boats and automobiles... However, neither us have really done any travel in the South Pacific outside of New Zealand and Australia. So we will see. Where are y'all located?

Again thanks for the welcome! We are excited! Tonight we will be having our first meal and toast aboard!

Mark and Jennifer
S/V It's Real
Amel SM #105

On Aug 26, 2017, at 09:35 AM, "'Mohammad Shirloo' mshirloo@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Welcome mark and Jennifer. We believe you have made a great choice. After 2-1/2 years of owing our 54 we still cannot believe how well designed this vessel is for a couple cruising any where in the world. Take your time to get to know her and don't modify anything. You'll find over time that most everything is designed and built for specific reasons. Most importantly you have the confidence that over 3000 of the same design concept has been built and is cruising the world.

What is your cruising plan?

Respectfully;

Mohammad & Aty
B&B Kokomo
AMEL 54 #099

On Aug 26, 2017, at 3:27 PM, Mark Garver mgarver@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi everyone! My wife and I just closed on our first Amel Super Maramu, "It's Good" and are very excited to be a part of the "cult" of Amel owners. We are from Texas, just north of Houston and have been looking for our blue water boat for a while now, and kept coming back to Amel. When we began this search there was an abundance of them available, and now when you look the inventory has been greatly reduced. We are currently moving things aboard, pulling everything out to clean and to inventory. I found out about the forum via some friends on Cruisers Forum, and had been reading the posts and joined shortly after my wife and I visited VA to look at a potential SM on Memorial Day this year. Much as it was when I met my wife... as soon as I saw her I knew it was the vessel! As with when my wife met me, she needed time for It's Good to grow on her (Only took a weekend)! Thank you all for making this decision even easier for us and we look forward to being in this community with y'all.

Mark and Jennifer
S/V It's Good
Amel SM #105